Stickeen Wilderness Adventures
PO Box 934
Wrangell, AK 99929
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
- Wilderness Adventures
- Anan Wildlife Observatory
- Stikine River Trips
Headquartered in beautiful, historic Wrangell, Alaska Vistas is the outfitting organization that can provide custom vacations centered on your special interests. Here's a short list of just a few of the recreation and tour opportunities in this extraordinary part of Southeast Alaska:
- The Anan Wildlife Observatory, which is particularly famous for the access it provides to bear viewing and the only place where one can see both Black and Brown Bear;
- The Stikine River, springtime home to the largest flock of Bald Eagles in the United States, the fastest river ever navigated by steamboat;
- The Tongass National Forest, world's largest temperate rainforest;
- Historic Wrangell itself, origin of John Muir's 1879 steamship voyage up the Stickeen River (as the Stikine was then called) about which he marveled, "A Yosemite 100 miles long."
Whatever your interests -- day trips to the Anan Wildlife Observatory or the lower Stikine River, do-it-yourself kayak or raft trips, or fully guided multi-day trips to Telegraph Creek beyond the Stikine-LeConte Wilderness Area -- we offer quality gear, knowledgeable guides, and extensive experience to make your trip a truly memorable one.